Redlands, California--Anyone who has ever created a story map, or wanted to, is invited to enter Esri's Storytelling with Maps Contest."Everything is fair game, including Story Maps you've already created or brand-new Story Maps," said Allen Carroll, leader of Esri's Story Maps team. "Feel free to alter or customize our Esri Story Maps apps. Entries will be judged on how effectively you make the subject matter interesting, understandable, and engaging."
Esri will provide first-, second-, and third-place prizes in these categories:
- Best Conservation, Environment, and Sustainability Story Maps
- Best Travel and Destinations Story Maps
- Best Culture, History, and Events Story Maps
- Best Science, Technology, and Health Story Maps
One grand prize will be awarded to the best overall Story Maps entry chosen by the contest judges. Winners will receive:
- Grand Prize/Best Overall: One (1-year) annual ArcGIS Online for Organizations subscription (five users) plus a plaque and a certificate.
- First Prize: A copy of The Smithsonian's History of America in 101 Objects and a one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine plus a plaque and a certificate.
- Second Prize: A one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine plus a plaque and a certificate.
- Third Prize: A one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine plus a plaque and a certificate.
Discover more about Esri Story Maps at storymaps.arcgis.com. Or, enter the contest at esri.com/storytellingwithmaps.
# # #
Jessica Wyland, Esri
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3345
E-mail (press only): email@example.com
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org