As students return to campus, this might be a good resource for you to point them to. The questions would be good as an "entrance" and "exit" exam, and really makes one think in new ways. See below for details from Joe Francica, Editor in Chief of Directions Magazine on how to access the PDF.
As a GIS educator, I'd like to make you and your students aware of a free eBook we are offering entitled "GIS Jobs, GISP Certification and Geospatial Careers ." http://www.directionsmag.com/images/ebooks/2013/07/GIS-jobs.pdf The eBook was compiled from past articles published by Directions Magazine . So far, the eBook has generated nearly 1500 downloads and we are making this available to you at no charge. The contents of the book include:
- Prepare to Get That Job: 20 Challenging GIS Interview Questions
- Ten Things to Know about the Geospatial Technology Competency Model
- New Resources for GIS Job Seekers
- Geospatial Occupations Q&A – Part One
- Geospatial Occupations Q&A – Part Two
- Should You Get ‘GIS Certified’
- Revisiting the Path to GISP: Is it Time to Add an Examination?
- The Great Debate: To Certify or not to Certify, That Is an Absurd Question
- The Top 10 Things You Should Know about GIS Certification
- Do You Qualify for a GISP?
- Ethical Insights
- Q&A: Directions Magazine’s Special Session on GIS Certification with David DiBiase, GISCI President, and Sheila Wilson, GISCI Executive Director
Please also visit our Directions on Education Channel with more resources on GIS education.
Thanks and regards,
Editor in Chief