Servicemembers Opportunity College: Conditions for Membership
Institutional members must meet the following conditions:
- be listed in the Council for Higher Education Accreditation’s (CHEA) Database of Programs Accredited by Recognized U.S. Accrediting Organizations;
- be a degree-granting institution that is duly accredited by an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA);
- meet appropriate provisions of DOD Directive 1322.8E, Voluntary Educational Programs for Military Personnel, DOD Instruction 1322.25, Voluntary Education Programs, and appropriate Service regulations when providing educational services on military installations;
- be approved for educational benefits by the appropriate State Approving Agency for veterans’ benefits;
- agree to submit data for the SOC Consortium Guide; and
- not be listed by the U.S. Department of Education as having an excessive student loan default rate.